Cloakroom: May 28 – June 1
House Cloakroom: May 28 – June 1
Analysis: This week the House will take up two security related bills. The Intelligence Authorization Act is an annual bill which sets the policy for our intelligence agencies and lays out the programs for which the Congress will later appropriate. The second will be the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs annual appropriations bill. The House will also pass their version of an FDA user fee reauthorization that will have to be negotiated with the Senate and will agree to the Senate’s amendments to a short term extension of the National Flood Insurance Program. A five year extension and reform of that program is expected later this summer.
Major Floor Action:
- HR 5743 – Intelligence Authorization Act for FY 2013
- HR 5854 – Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
- HR 5651 – Food and Drug Administration Reform Act of 2012
- HR 5740 – National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act
Major Committee Action:
- The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee will hold a hearing on “Administration Energy Policies.”
- The House Budget Committee will hold a hearing on “Budgeting Process Overhaul.”
- The House Appropriations Committee will markup the Fiscal 2013 Legislative Branch appropriations bill.
The Senate is in recess this week.