Cloakroom: June 6 – 10
The Senate may begin debate on a resolution to the Libya conflict sometime this week. It has now been more than 60 days since U.S. armed forced entered Libya and we need to either end our involvement or get the consent of Congress to continue.
Senate Floor Action:
- Vote on Libya Resolutions
- Nomination of Donald B. Verrilli, Jr. to be Solicitor General of the United States
- S.782 – The Economic Development Revitalization Act of 2011
- S.679 – Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act of 2011
- S.575 – Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011
Senate Committee Action:
- The Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing on “Nuclear and Alternative Fuels”
- The Senate Finance Committee will hold a hearing on “Revenues and Deficit Reduction”
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will hold a hearing on the “Pending Treaties”
The House is in recess this week.